2003–2012 Data showing information pertaining to School-Transportation-Related Crashes.
A school-transportation-related crash is a crash that involves, either directly or indirectly, a school bus body vehicle, or a non-school bus functioning as a school bus, transporting children to or from school or school-related activities.
Since 2003 there were 348,253 fatal motor vehicle traffic crashes. Of those, 1,222 (0.35%) were classified as school-transportation-related.
Information included in this March 2014 Fact Sheet include:
- Total School Bus Occupant and Pedestrian Fatalities in School- Transportation-Related Crashes by Age Group, 2003–2012
- School-Age (Age<19) Fatalities in School-Transportation-Related Crashes by Time of Day, 2003–2012
- Total School Bus Occupant Fatalities (All Ages) in School-Transportation- Related Crashes by Initial Impact Point on School Transportation Vehicle, 2003–2012
- School Transportation-Related Crashes Involving Occupant Fatalities (All Ages), 2003–2012
- School-Age (Age <19) Pedestrians Killed in School-Transportation- Related Crashes by Vehicle Maneuver, 2003–2012
- Fatalities (All Ages) in School-Transportation-Related Crashes, 2003–2012
Click here for the NHTSA School Transportation Fact Sheet